TRIBAL MALFUNCTIONS EPISODE 16A IS HERE!
EPISODE 15 IS HERE!!! AFTER ALMOST TWO YEARS!!! HOLY CACKLEBERRIES!!! LISTEN UP!!!
DYMAXION AMERICAN - Cathode Ray Tube
HEKKING TWEETYS - Cathode Ray Tube
MYOPIA - Cathode Ray Tube
MINOR INFRACTION - Cathode Ray Tube
DRUM PUNK - Grecian Snares
Hola, Mi Amigos! It's time for Episode 13! Starts off sad but ends up sexy! Sounds like my teens years. Anyway, here's the episode! Dig it!
MUSIC FROM THIS WEEKS EPISODE:
The People's Rise : DeepStak9
Opal : Cathode Ray Tube
Low Love (It's A No Go) : Cathode Ray Tube
Within It : Net G (with Sir Excellent)
Tip The Scales : Cathode Ray Tube
Lithium Snares : Cathode Ray Tube
Rainy Night : The Dubtologist
And Episode 11 is up! Get yer listening on! All words are Chang Terhune and all music is Cathode Ray Tube! Dig in!
We're at Episode 10! And it's... a shorty. But a gooden! Aris meets up with Yuki and things get weirder. As always the music is by me as Cathode Ray Tube and or Brittney Sparse.
Okay Episode 9 is up out and ready to pounce! So listen in and let a brother know how you like it. With my new job I've gotten move the release schedule around so it's gonna me out on Mondays now like I said in the post-amble.
Oh, man! It's here! Finally after all the technical issues it's ready! Episode 8 is up!
Jetpax For All - Cathode Ray Tube
Dormant Alchemy - Cathode Ray Tube (Unreleased; from The Frozen Years EP)
(Dub Down) The Other Road - The Dubtologist (Unreleased; from The Dubtologist's upcoming 2017 album "JOURNEY TO OUT ABYSSINIA AND BEYOND" on Condition Human)
Ghost Ships - Cathode Ray Tube (Unreleased)
Time Line B - Cathode Ray Tube (from Famous Monsters on Component Recordings)
Normal Kids - Cathode Ray Tube (Unreleased; from the album THE NEW TAXONOMY, 2017, Crime League)
EPISODE 7 IS HERE!
Hey, all! Episode 7 is here! Check it out! Things get even more interesting. And a little sexy. As always don't play it around the kids.
Hey, yo! Episode 6 is here! Get your listening on! As always, it's got cussing so don't play it around the kids! (And if you listen closely you can hear the dog snoring, too!)
Here's a list of the songs used in the podcast:
"Squash 1: Winter" - Cathode Ray Tube
"Hollow Days - Ringing Nights" - Cathode Ray Tube
"Active Imploder" - Cathode Ray Tube
"Torquemedica" - Cathode Ray Tube
"Strange Customs" - Cathode Ray Tube
Good call. Maybe they should also tie a rope around a cinder black and then their ankles then throw the cinder block off the tallest bridge they can find into the deepest part of the waters. That way the market can lift them up.
And Episode 5 is live! Get it while it's hot! Things speed and heat up within the world! Aris learns more about what's happening around his garage at night and reunites with an old friend after meeting a new enemy.
Here's a list of music used in the podcast plus link for you to purchase and download:
"Nothing Spaecial" - Cathode Ray Tube
"Suburban Deviants" - Cathode Ray Tube
Here it is! Episode 4! It's a little longer than the previous ones by about 20 minutes but that's only because the plot is thickening! And it's getting oh so thick!!!
Songs included in this podcast are:
- "Nothing Spaecial" - Cathode Ray Tube
- "Africa Now" - Cathode Ray Tube
- "58 Days" - Brittney Sparse
- "Shiver" - Brittney Sparse
- "This Hollow Earth" - Cathode Ray Tube
- "Hollow Days/Ringing Nights" - Cathode Ray Tube
Hope you enjoy it! Bonus points if you can hear the dog's snoring and his collar clicking in the background! Added ambience for realism!
Tune in next week for another episode of... TRIBAL MALFUNCTIONS!
Been a while since I've had the chance to post one of these.
Dear Charles Terhune,
Thanks for your query.
As to your material I'm afraid I will be passing -- I'm just not drawn
strongly enough to the concept of your story to feel that I'd be the
right agent for the project. I realize it is difficult to make an
assessment from a query; nevertheless please know that I give serious
attention to every letter, outline, and writing sample I receive.
Sorry I couldn't give you a more positive reply. Thanks for thinking
of me, though, and best of luck in your search for representation.
Donald Maass Literary Agency
Ah well. First of many perhaps. Guess this means Tribal Malfunctions is out there and getting eyes on it. Until hell won't have it!
Hey, yo! Here's Episode 3 of Tribal Malfunctions! Today is Chapter 3 of Tribal Malfunctions. Catch up on the other ones if you're just peeping this one. Things are heating up a bit in our hero's world and I hope you're enjoying it as much as me!
I cannot tell you how proud I am to be included in this very very very cool compilation All proceeds go to the ACLU. My song is #40 "March of The Deplorables." Guess what it's about?
There are soo many good tracks on this it's not even funny. So give it a listen then donate what you can to download your copy. Because we are not Trump's America.
Hey, yo! It's Episode 2! On today's episode it's Chapter 2 of Tribal Malfunctions! Make sure you're caught up to date before you listen.
A word or two about this podcast if I may:
- It's got cussing. A decent amount of cussing. Not Blue Velvet, Sopranos, Midnight Run or Touched by An Angel level cussing but it's up there. You've been forewarned.
- Accents: I do some accents in this. It's a multicultural world in the book and people are form all over. I do them not to belittle or make fun of other cultures but to flesh out the world. It sounds ridiculous if you don't. I'm not being jingoistic or patronizing when I do them. I've loved the diverse sounds of all human tongues since I was a kid and I'm not going to stop now.
- I'm really digging doing this! I hope you like it.
- All the music used is mine! Specifically Cathode Ray Tube although I might sneak in a few Brittney Sparse songs here and there. You can find all the music listed on the CRT discography page or just go to my Bandcamp page where there's a ton of it there as well. Here's a list of the songs played in today's episode:
- "Nothing Speacial" (Tribal Malfunctions theme song)
- "Jetpax For All (plays during the Travelogue)
- Hollow Days/Ringing Nights (heard during the Heavyboys at the T segments)
- The Travelogues will appear at the beginning of each episode. These are meant to flesh out the world and provide some insight into aspects of the novel as it progresses. They were fun to write and I think it's a nicer way to do some exposition than someone telling all this crap over a beer.
Well, that about does it. Dig in and listen up. See you next week for Episode 3/Chapter 3!
Hello and welcome to this exciting plog boast! Wherein I tell you that I'm going to be releasing weekly episodes of me reading my snazzadicce unpublished but oh so publishable cyberpunk novel TRIBAL MALFUNCTIONS!
The first installment is - surprise! - Chapter 1: The Ballad of FuturePop. Here we meet the young thug FuturePop in his element as he prepares to go to battle in the 21st century gang style.
It's read by me. All the music is by me - Cathode Ray Tube to be exact. I think you'll dig it. So dig in!
I celebrated my 48th birthday yesterday by watching bad Christmas movies and eating an enormous brunch that lasted me until about 7PM.
I plan to spend the next year rewriting my neural cortex, reformatting the hardware and in general upgrading the basic structure. We'll see how that goes. So far, though, I think my new tailored wardrobe is smashing, don't you?